Uncooked egg yolk(s)
1 tsp, finely grated
Reduced sugar raspberry jam
Fat-free vanilla yogurt
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg yolk and zest; set aside.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture; fold in egg whites and raspberries.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Ladle 3 tablespoons of batter onto hot skillet to make each hotcake. Cook until bottom is set and golden brown, about 2 minutes; flip and cook until firm, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Set aside and cover to keep warm; repeat with remaining batter. (Or place cooked hotcakes on a baking sheet in a preheated oven to stay warm while you finish cooking the batter.)
- Serve hotcakes topped with raspberry jam and yogurt. Yields about three 3-inch hotcakes, 1/4 cup of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of jam per serving.