- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup(s) uncooked wheat bran
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) regular butter, softened
- 2/3 cup(s) unpacked light brown sugar, or turbindo sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup(s) raisins, chopped
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, wheat bran, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.
Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, cream butter with sugar until sugar is dissolved; add egg and beat thoroughly. Add 1/3 of bran mixture and 1/3 cup of buttermilk; mix until just combined. Repeat, alternating, with remaining bran mixture and buttermilk; fold in raisins.
Fill each prepared muffin hole about 2/3’s full with batter; place in middle of oven. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or cooled. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
- *Could affect SmartPoints value.To prevent raisins from sticking to the knife when you chop them, coat the blade with cooking spray first.