Pumpkin pie spice
Packed brown sugar
⅓ cup(s), dark variety
2 Tbsp, at room temperature
2 Tbsp, blackstrap-variety
½ cup(s), puree
Golden seedless raisins
¾ Tbsp, finely chopped
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, puree sugar, butter and molasses until well-blended; add pumpkin and mix again.
- Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture in small amounts, mixing after each addition. Add raisins; mix well to make sure they are well distributed throughout dough (dough will be sticky).
- Scoop out 16 heaping tablespoons of batter and place on prepared cookie sheet. Working with wet hands, roll each mound into a ball and flatten each mound into a disk. Bake until cookies turn slightly dark brown, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Yields 1 cookie per serving.