Take a break from traditional pumpkin pie and complete your Thanksgiving meal with this scrumptious pecan-topped pumpkin cake.
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 12 oz fat free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 18 1/4 oz unprepared white cake mix
- 1/2 cup(s), chopped unsalted pecan halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-calorie margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
Stir pumpkin, milk, egg substitute, sugar and pumpkin pie spice together in a medium bowl until smooth; pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture and gently press it into pumpkin mixture to moisten. Sprinkle cake with pecans and then drizzle margarine evenly over top.
Bake, uncovered, until knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely before slicing into 16 pieces.