Power Packed Popcorn Cookies
- Total Time
A clever twist on traditional cookies!
JOLLY TIME® Healthy Pop® 94% fat free butter popcorn3 cup(s)
all-purpose flour¼ cup(s), (or whole wheat)
baking powder2 tsp
baking soda½ tsp
table salt½ tsp
light butter½ cup(s), (1 stick) softened
packed brown sugar1 cup(s)
vanilla extract1 tsp
toasted wheat germ1 cup(s)
uncooked oatmeal½ cup(s)
unsweetened coconut flakes½ cup(s)
raisins1 cup(s), or dried cranberries or other dried fruit, chopped
sunflower seeds½ cup(s), or chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together and add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture and wheat germ and oatmeal until well blended.
- Add coconut, popcorn, raisins and sunflower seeds, if desired, and mix until well blended.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet, allowing 2 inches between cookies to allow for spreading.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool on pan 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.