Potato-Wrapped Roasted Salmon
Uncooked skinless wild salmon fillet
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
2 oz, long-shape, peeled (start with a larger potato; you will have extra)
Canned chicken broth
White wine vinegar
1 tsp, red currant or other berry flavor
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush salmon with mustard.
- With vegetable peeler, make 8 to 10 lengthwise slices from potato. Reserve remaining potato for another use. On work surface, place potato slices, overlapping long sides. In center of potatoes, place salmon perpendicular to potato slices. Fold potato slices over salmon, pressing to adhere. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- In small ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm oil. Add salmon, seam side down, and cook until bottom s browned, about 4 minutes. Carefully turn salmon over. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until bottom is lightly browned and salmon is just opaque in center, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to plate. Set same skillet over medium heat; add broth, vinegar, and jelly. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil, about 1 minute. Pour sauce over salmon.
- Serving size: 1 salmon fillet and 1 tbsp sauce