Potato Skin Nachos
Baked russet potato
½ tsp, divided
Canned pinto beans
1½ cup(s), rinsed, drained, and lightly mashed
Shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
Pico de gallo
¾ cup(s), divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the potato flesh, leaving a ¼-inch-thick shell; reserve the potato flesh for another use. Arrange the potato halves, cut side up, on the prepared pan. Coat the potato skins with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with ¼ tsp salt and black pepper. Bake until lightly browned and crisp, 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven (leave the oven on). Fill the potato skins evenly with the beans; sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocado; stir in ¼ cup pico de gallo and the remaining ¼ tsp salt. Top the potato skins evenly with the guacamole; dollop the remaining pico de gallo on top.
- Serving size: 2 filled potato skins