Potato-Cheese Dumplings with Sour Cream-Chive Dip
- Total Time
These pierogi-like dumplings are easy to make—don't let the wonton wrappers scare you. It's as simple as stuffing, folding and baking.
cooking spray2 spray(s)
uncooked potato(es)1 medium, baking, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
garlic clove(s)2 clove(s), medium
low fat cheddar or colby cheese2 oz, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
fat free sour cream2 Tbsp
wonton wrapper(s)24 item(s), round (about 6 oz total)
fat free sour cream¼ cup(s)
chives1 Tbsp, fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine potato and garlic in a medium saucepan. Cover with water and set pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and boil until potato is fork-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and transfer potato and garlic to a large bowl; add cheese and 2 tablespoons of sour cream. Mash mixture together with a fork until lumpy.
- Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop potato mixture by tablespoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one side to make a half circle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface with cooking spray.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 cup of sour cream and chives. Mix well and serve with potato dumplings. Yields 4 wontons and 1 tablespoon of dip per serving.