Pork tenderloin steaks with fresh nectarine salsa
3 item(s), medium, ripe, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ small, thinly sliced
1 item(s), seeded and minced (wear gloves to prevent irritation)
Fresh lemon juice
Packed brown sugar
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
1 pound(s), trimmed
- To make the salsa, combine the nectarines, red onion, jalapeño, lemon juice, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt in a serving bowl; set aside.
- To make the rub, combine the brown sugar, curry powder, cumin, ginger, and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Cut the pork lengthwise in half being careful not to cut it all the way through. Open the pork flat; pound to a 1⁄2-inch thickness. Cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces and sprinkle with the rub, patting so it adheres.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat the grill to medium-high or prepare a medium-high fire.
- Lightly spray the pork with nonstick spray and place on the grill rack. Grill, covered, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. Serve with the nectarine salsa. Yields 1 steak and generous 1⁄2 cup salsa per serving.