Plum and ricotta trifle with almonds
4 item(s), medium, ripe, pitted and thinly sliced or 3 large ripe nectarines (3 cups)
Fat-free ricotta cheese
24 item(s), Italian
9 Tbsp, crème de cassis
6 Tbsp, toasted
- Grate 1 teaspoon zest from orange and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
- Stir together plums, orange juice, almond extract, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in medium bowl.
- Puree ricotta, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in food processor. Add orange zest and pulse until blended.
- Arrange 8 cookies in bottom of trifle dish or large glass bowl; drizzle with 3 tablespoons of crème de cassis. Top with 1 cup of plum mixture. Top plum mixture with 1 cup of ricotta mixture and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of almonds. Repeat layering two more times.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Per serving: 1/16 of trifle