Pineapple with citrus sauce
SmartPoints® value per serving
This simple, healthy pineapple dessert recipe is an excellent way to take advantage of hot coals after you've grilled your main course. It takes just 20 minutes to prepare, serves 6, and requires 6 ingredients. You'll love how quickly and easily the refreshing dessert comes together. Boil some maple syrup, ground cloves, and ground cinnamon in a pan to make the addictively sweet and savory citrus sauce. Grill the pineapple rings, brushing with maple syrup as you go, until they're nice and tender. To finish, divide the pineapple slices among dessert plates, pour the sauce over, and you're ready to rock and roll.
Unsweetened orange juice
⅛ tsp, or to taste
½ medium, peeled and cored
3 Tbsp, extra
- Prepare grill.
- To make Citrus Sauce, put orange juice, 1/2 cup maple syrup, cloves and cinnamon into a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Set aside until needed.
- Slice pineapple into 6 rings, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lay pineapple on grill and brush with extra maple syrup.
- Grill until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing often with maple syrup.
- To serve, set a pineapple slice on each of 6 plates and pour some sauce on top.