Pineapple with Citrus Sauce
- Total Time
This recipe is an excellent way to take advantage of hot coals after you've grilled your main course.
unsweetened orange juice½ cup(s)
maple syrup½ cup(s)
ground cloves⅛ tsp, or to taste
ground cinnamon½ tsp
pineapple½ medium, peeled and cored
maple syrup3 Tbsp, extra
- Prepare grill.
- To make Citrus Sauce, put orange juice, 1/2 cup maple syrup, cloves and cinnamon into a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Set aside until needed.
- Slice pineapple into 6 rings, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lay pineapple on grill and brush with extra maple syrup.
- Grill until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes per side, brushing often with maple syrup.
- To serve, set a pineapple slice on each of 6 plates and pour some sauce on top.