This lightened up Philadelphia specialty is terrific comfort food. Meaty, cheesy and great with cold beer.
- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean flank steak, cut into 8 thin slices
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 roll(s) reduced calorie hot dog bun(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) WeightWatchers Cheese, cheddar, shredded, low fat
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; set pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add onion and sauté until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove onion from pan; set aside.
Add steak to skillet and sauté until browned and cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; cook until liquid is absorbed.
Divide steak evenly between buns and top with onion and cheese. Wrap in foil, transfer to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.