- 1 cup(s), diced cantaloupe, (1⁄2-inch) diced
- 1 cup(s) honeydew melon, (1⁄2-inch) diced
- 2 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s), finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 tsp lime zest, grated
- 1 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 pound(s) uncooked Atlantic salmon fillet(s), 4 (1⁄4-pound)
To make the salsa, combine the cantaloupe, honeydew, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat the grill to medium or prepare a medium fire.
Combine the honey, lime zest, the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on the flesh side of the salmon fillets.
Place the salmon, skin side down, on the grill rack. Grill, covered, until the salmon is just opaque in the center, 4 – 6 minutes on each side. Serve with the salsa. Remove the salmon skin before eating. Yields 1 salmon fillet and 1⁄2 cup salsa per serving.