Peach kuchen cupcakes
Roasted peaches add the taste of summer to this quick and pretty dessert. All you have to do is halve them and let them cook down in the oven for just 15 minutes. Using store-bought white cake mix adds even more convenience to these decadent cupcakes. Add some egg whites, peach nectar, and vegetable oil and they're ready to bake. You'll also love the simple and quick sugar-nutmeg mixture that goes on top of the cupcakes. You have to let them cool completely before indulging, but we wouldn't blame you if you snuck in a bite or two beforehand.
6 large, ripe
Unprepared white cake mix
18¼ oz, 1 package
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Line a sided sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Halve peaches, remove pits and lay peaches cut-side-down on sheet pan; roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake paper liners.
- Beat together cake mix, egg whites, peach nectar and oil; divide batter among muffin cups.
- Cut each peach in half again and set a peach quarter atop each cupcake, skin-side-up.
- Stir together sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over cupcake tops.
- Bake until cupcakes are firm, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely before eating. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.