Pasta Salad with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Arugula
- 6 oz uncooked bow tie pasta, also called farfalle
- 1/2 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta
- 2 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp chives, fresh, minced
- 3 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts, toasted*
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; remove 1 tablespoon of pasta cooking water and save for dressing. Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- Immediately add arugula to drained pasta and toss well. Cover bowl and set aside until arugula is limp, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, stir together vinegar, oil, reserved tablespoon pasta cooking water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add tomatoes and chives to pasta salad; pour dressing over top and toss well. Sprinkle with cheese and nuts. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
*To toast nuts, place them in a small, heavy-bottomed skillet and set over medium-high heat. Toast nuts until lightly browned, shaking skillet frequently, about 1 to 2 minutes.