Pasta with Ratatouille
- Total Time
olive oil2 tsp
uncooked onion(s)1 medium, chopped
uncooked bell pepper(s)1 item(s), small, red variety, chopped
garlic clove(s)4 medium clove(s), minced
uncooked eggplant(s)1 medium, diced
uncooked zucchini1 small, diced
canned diced tomatoes29 oz, 2 (14 1/2-oz can)
capers2 Tbsp, drained
Italian seasoning1 tsp
table salt½ tsp
red pepper flakes¼ tsp
basil½ cup(s), chopped
uncooked linguini9 oz, (1 package), refrigerated
grated Parmesan cheese6 Tbsp
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, capers, Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions and return to pot.
- Add vegetable mixture to linguine and toss to combine. Divide evenly among 6 plates and sprinkle evenly with Parmesan.
- Serving size: ¾ cup pasta, 1½ cups vegetables, and 1 tablespoon cheese