- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked fettucine, or fusilli bucati
- 2 tsp margarine
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 2/3 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 2 slice(s) cooked Canadian-style bacon, cut into strips
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saucepan, melt margarine. Sauté onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in egg substitute and onion mixture until combined. Stir in milk, bacon, most of Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Add pasta.
- Add mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring gently, until mixture is thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve at once, sprinkled with remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley.