Parmesan-pepper green bean fries
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Yes, there is a way to turn green beans into delicious "fries" at home, with no deep-frying, lots of oil, or special equipment required...just your oven! First, dip the beans into egg whites, then turn to coat in some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. That's all you need to add a flavor bomb to simple string beans. Arrange them on a baking sheet and stick them in the oven until the cheese is nicely browned, which takes only 8 minutes. You can serve them on a platter as the perfect party appetizer, or arrange them upright in jars or glass cups for a fun, creative presentation. You and your guests will be reaching for these bean "fries" all night long.
2 large, at room temperature
Grated Parmesan cheese
Uncooked string beans
12 oz, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together egg whites and water in shallow bowl until foamy. In another shallow bowl, mix together Parmesan and pepper.
- Dip green beans, one at a time, into egg-white mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip beans into cheese mixture, turning to coat; place on prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until Parmesan melts and browns a little, about 8 minutes. Transfer green beans on baking sheet to wire rack and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serving size: 10 green bean "fries"