Panna cotta with strawberry sauce
¼ fl oz, cold
5 Tbsp, divided
fat free sweetened condensed milk
2 cup(s), fresh, hulled or frozen and thawed
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water. Allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large measuring cup, combine 3 tablespoons sugar, milks and honey.
- Heat gelatin over low heat until dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in milk mixture. Remove from heat.
- Coat six 1-cup ramekins with cooking spray. Fill each ramekin half way with milk mixture. Chill until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- To make sauce: In a food processor, purée strawberries. Pour into saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, extract and zest. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Cool. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- To assemble: Run a small knife around edge of panna cotta to loosen them. Dip ramekins into warm water for 30 seconds, careful not to get water into ramekins. Invert onto 6 dessert plates. Top each with about 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons sauce and 1/2 heaping teaspoon pine nuts. Serve.