Pan-seared chicken breasts with spiced cherry sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
24 oz, Four 6-ounce breasts
1 medium, minced
2 rib(s), medium, finely chopped
Red pepper flakes
10 oz, pitted and halved
Unpacked light brown sugar
- Season chicken with salt. Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick spray and set it over medium heat for a few minutes to warm up.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once, 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer to serving plates or a serving platter.
- Melt butter in the skillet. Add shallot and celery; cook, stirring often, 3 minutes, or until softened. Add ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, and red pepper flakes. Cook a few seconds, until aromatic.
- Stir in cherries; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and brown sugar; bring to a full boil. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened. Spoon over the chicken breasts to serve.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast and 6 tablespoons sauce