- 2 large uncooked potato(es), baking-variety, cut into 16 long wedges each
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- Place oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil (for easy clean-up) or coat with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes on prepared pan; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Spread potatoes into a single layer; bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Flip potatoes and arrange in a single layer; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Return pan to oven; bake until potatoes are golden, about 15 to 25 minutes. Season to taste and serve. Yields about 8 fries per serving.
Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired (could affect SmartPoints value).