1 - 4
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Yes, you can make fries at home, and oven-roasting instead of deep-frying makes prep a lot easier and keeps the fries healthier. Most of the cook time is totally hands-off as the potatoes roast away in the oven. These fries are easy to make and are also very versatile: sprinkle with garlic or chili powder halfway through baking, or top with chopped fresh herbs before serving. Just be sure to line your pan with some foil to make sure cleanup is as simple as possible.
2 large, baking-variety, cut into 16 long wedges each
½ tsp, divided
- Place oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil (for easy clean-up) or coat with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes on prepared pan; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Spread potatoes into a single layer; bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Flip potatoes and arrange in a single layer; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Return pan to oven; bake until potatoes are golden, about 15 to 25 minutes. Season to taste and serve.
- Yields about 8 fries per serving.
Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.