Oven-Fried Turkey Cutlets with Beet Greens
- Total Time
Make sure to wash beet greens thoroughly. They can be sandy.
cooking spray1 spray(s)
low-fat buttermilk½ cup(s)
yellow cornmeal½ cup(s)
whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs½ cup(s)
Cajun seasoning1 ½ tsp, bottled
uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast16 oz, four 4-ounce cutlets
uncooked onion(s)½ cup(s), yellow, chopped
minced garlic2 tsp
crushed red pepper flakes½ tsp
uncooked beet greens12 cup(s), roughly packed, washed, torn into large pieces
white wine vinegar2 Tbsp
- Heat the oven to 400° F.
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Pour the buttermilk into a flat, shallow bowl such as a soup plate. Mix the cornmeal, panko, and Cajun seasonings in a second, flat, shallow bowl.
- Dip the turkey cutlets into the buttermilk, coating both sides. Dip into the cornmeal mixture, lightly coating both sides. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining three cutlets. Coat lightly with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat the inside of a large saucepan with nonstick spray. Set over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes, until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the beet greens and vinegar; stir well. Cook, tossing repeatedly, until the greens begin to wilt. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and raise the heat to high. Cook until the liquid in the pan reduces to a glaze that coats the greens, about 3 minutes, stirring quite often.
- Divide the greens among four serving plates. Top each with a turkey cutlet.
- Serving size: 1 turkey cutlet and 1 cup beet green mixture.