Oatmeal-pecan lace cookies
SmartPoints® value per serving
These show-stopping, nutty cookies are a cinch to make and taste fabulous, featuring a classic combination of rolled oats and nuts. They're the perfect dessert recipe: quick and easy. You only need one bowl, you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge, and prep plus cooking time totals to under 25 minutes. They're also very versatile; you can substitute any kind of nut for the pecans. Simple and flavorful, they're the best treat we can think of as the sweet endgame for any meal.
Uncooked rolled oats
Dark brown sugar
½ cup(s), packed
½ cup(s), finely chopped
⅓ cup(s), melted
1 large egg(s), beaten
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, sugar, baking powder, pecans and salt together in a large bowl until well incorporated.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla to oat mixture; mix well.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto prepared cookie sheets and flatten each out, leaving at least 2-inches between each cookie.
- Bake cookies until edges turn golden, about 8 to 12 minutes. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Yields 2 cookies per serving.