- 1 medium eggplant(s), trimmed, sliced lengthwise in 1/4-in thick slices
- 2 large uncooked zucchini, trimmed, sliced lengthwise in 1/4-in thick slices
- 3/4 pound(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg(s), beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cup(s) store bought marinara sauce
- 8 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray. Place eggplant on one baking sheet and zucchini on other baking sheet; spray vegetables with nonstick spray. Roast 8 minutes; turn vegetables and roast 7–10 minutes more, until vegetables are tender but not mushy. Remove vegetables from oven; reduce temperature to 350°F
While vegetables roast, combine ricotta, egg, basil, and ¼ cup Parmesan in medium bowl; set aside.
To assemble lasagna, spray bottom and sides of 14 x 8-inch or 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread thin layer of marinara sauce (¼–⅓ cup) on bottom of dish. Layer eggplant over sauce (use all slices, overlapping if necessary). Cover eggplant with half of remaining sauce and spread half of ricotta mixture on top; sprinkle with half of mozzarella. Top with zucchini and cover zucchini with remaining sauce; spread with remaining ricotta mixture and then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
Bake until lasagna begins to bubble, 35–40 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before cutting into 12 equal pieces
Serving size: 1 piece
- Serve the lasagna with a simple salad of mixed baby greens tossed with white-wine vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.