- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) Cremini mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 2 medium uncooked leek(s), chopped, white and light green sections only
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh, minced
- 15 oz canned condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 cup(s) low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chives, fresh, snipped
Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Spread mushrooms on prepared cookie sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in lower 1/3 of oven and roast for 25 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
Meanwhile, heat butter in a large nonstick pot over medium-low heat. Add leeks and saute, stirring often, until extremely soft, about 15 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary; heat, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
Add soup, milk, mushrooms (reserve a few for garnish), yogurt, mustard and lemon juice to pot; carefully puree soup in pot using an immersion blender. (If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer soup to a blender; puree in batches and then return to pot). Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; stir in chives and heat through. Adjust seasonings if necessary before serving. Garnish with additional chives and reserved mushrooms, if desired. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- This recipe is easily doubled if you’re serving a crowd.For a chunkier soup, stir roasted mushrooms in at end instead of blending them with the potato soup and milk.