Mixed grill with spicy piri-piri sauce
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 item(s), medium, red variety, chopped
1 medium, (1/2- 1 pepper), seeded and coarsely chopped
Fresh lime juice
2 medium clove(s), minced
Uncooked lean flank steak
¾ pound(s), trimmed
Uncooked lean pork tenderloin
¾ pound(s), trimmed and cut into 18 chunks
Cooked chicken sausage(s)
¾ pound(s), Italian-style
- To make sauce, combine bell peppers, jalapeño, lime juice, oil, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of salt in blender; process until smooth. Measure out 1 cup of sauce and refrigerate. Transfer remaining sauce to large zip-close plastic bag; stir in garlic and cumin. Add ﬂank steak and pork. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat meat. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium or prepare medium fire.
- Remove steak and pork from marinade; discard marinade. Thread pork onto 6 skewers. Sprinkle pork and ﬂank steak with remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Place skewers, steak, and sausages on grill rack. Grill steak until instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, 5–6 minutes per side. Grill pork, turning skewers, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Grill sausages until well-marked and skin blisters slightly, about 8 minutes. Transfer steak, pork, and sausages to cutting board; let steak stand about 10 minutes.
- Cut steak against grain into 12 thin slices; transfer to platter. Remove pork from skewers and arrange alongside steak. Slice sausages into 18 pieces and add to platter. Transfer reserved 1 cup sauce to serving bowl and place on platter.
- Per serving: 2 slices steak, 3 pieces pork, 3 pieces sausage, and 21 tablespoons sauce