Mini apple-cinnamon muffins
dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp, firmly packed
quick cooking rolled oats
whole wheat flour
3 Tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- To make topping, with your fingertips, combine 1 Tbsp flour, brown sugar and butter in a small bowl until crumbly; stir in oats and set aside.
- To make muffins, in a large bowl, combine 3/4 c all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice; stir in currants.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, applesauce, milk, granulated sugar, oil and vanilla extract until blended. Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture just until blended.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups (about 1 Tbsp in each); evenly sprinkle with reserved oat topping. Bake until toothpick inserted in center of each muffin comes out clean, about 12 minutes. Transfer muffins from pan to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Servings size: 1 muffin