Middle Eastern burgers with yogurt sauce
Uncooked 93% lean ground beef
1 medium, finely diced
Pumpkin pie spice
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Fresh lemon juice
2 tsp, chopped fresh
Whole wheat pita(s)
4 small, halved
½ medium, thinly sliced lengthwise
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ cup(s), sliced
- Spray large ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Combine beef, shallot, coriander, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, cumin, pie spice, and cayenne in large bowl. With damp hands, form mixture into 8 oval patties, about 3 inches long.
- Place patties in grill pan and cook, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into side of each patty registers 165°F, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, lemon juice, oil, dill, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in small bowl.
- Line pita halves with lettuce and fill evenly with burgers, cucumber, and red onion. Drizzle with yogurt sauce.
- Per serving: 2 filled pita halves