Add hot sauce for extra heat.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 cup(s), chopped uncooked onion(s), diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium yellow pepper(s), seeded and diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 small uncooked zucchini, diced
- 15 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire roasted-variety
- 4 cup(s) reduced sodium canned chicken broth
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa verde
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt, (optional)
Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers and salt; cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 7-8 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, chili powder and black pepper; cook, stirring a few times, 1 minute.
Add zucchini, tomatoes and broth; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce to heat to medium low; simmer, covered until zucchini is tender, 5-8 minutes. When ready to serve, stir in cilantro; garnish with salsa verde and yogurt.
Serving size: 1 c soup, 1 Tbsp salsa, 1 Tbsp yogurt