A crunchy, refreshing topping for fish or pork tacos. Or dice the clementines and jicama a little smaller to make a dip.
- 12 item(s) clementine(s), seedless, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 cup(s) uncooked jicama, finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 cup(s), minced uncooked red onion(s)
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper(s), seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
In a medium-size bowl, combine clementines, jicama, onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey and salt; pour over clementine mixture and toss to combine.
Serving size: 1/2 c
- This recipe can be made several days in advance – the jicama retains its crunch nicely.Use 2 navel oranges when clementines are not in season.