- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 3 medium uncooked shallot(s), chopped finely
- 8 oz cremini mushroom(s), cleaned and chopped finely
- 4 oz fresh shiitake mushroom, discard stems, caps chopped finely
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth, reduced sodium
Spray a large saucepan with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat. Add the shallots; cook, stirring often, until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms give off their liquid and it evaporates to a glaze, about 5 minutes.
Add the thyme, sage, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds.
Pour in the broth; bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the pan's bottom with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- We suggest using two types of mushrooms, but experiment with blends (just use a total of 12 ounces) to get the taste you like.