Malaysian Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound(s) cooked shrimp, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup(s) mango(es), diced
- 1 cup(s) cucumber(s), diced
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp green hot chili peppers, serrano-variety, minced (or to taste)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, mango, cucumber, mint and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice and zest, salt and sugar; toss with shrimp mixture. Yields about 1 cup shrimp salad per serving.
Using precooked shrimp is a great timesaver in this dish but feel free to substitute leftover cooked shrimp in its place. If you’d rather cook your own shrimp, either steam, grill or saute them until pink and cooked through (time varies by size of shrimp). Just be sure to chill the cooked shrimp well before coarsely chopping and tossing with the other ingredients.