- 1 pound(s) uncooked linguini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), finely minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, fresh, finely minced
- 2 tsp basil, fresh, finely minced
- 13 oz canned clams, drained, liquid reserved, chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Cook linguini, al dente, according to instructions on box.
In another large pot, gently heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring, for about 15 to 20 seconds, without allowing the garlic to burn. Add parsley and basil; cook, stirring, until coated and incorporated, about 30 to 45 seconds more.
Add reserved clam juice and white wine. Bring to a boil; boil, uncovered, for about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently until liquid begins to reduce, about 5 minutes.
Add clams and simmer until just heated, about 30 to 60 seconds. Add linguini and toss until it’s well coated, about 30 to 45 seconds. Serve immediately. Garnish with more chopped parsley, if desired. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving.
- Have all your ingredients measured and prepared before you start cooking. That way you can make the sauce easily without over cooking the garlic mixture or the clams. If you don’t have white wine, substitute 1/4 cup of bottled clam juice instead. Serve with a tomato salad or steamed red chard.