Lemon-ricotta blueberry muffins by Chef Millie Peartree
2 medium, zested
½ cup(s), at room temperature
Part-skim ricotta cheese
1 large egg(s)
Fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set saide.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and lemon zest; rub sugar and zest together with your fingers; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar-lemon mixture together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add ricotta cheese; beat until smooth. Beat in egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to bowl; mix until just blended and gently fold in blueberries.
- Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake until muffin tops are slightly golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool 5 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 muffin