Lemon Cookie Snaps
- Total Time
A perfect little nibble. They’re great with tea or coffee, and even better with ice-cold skim milk.
all-purpose flour1 ½ cup(s)
table salt½ tsp
baking powder1 tsp
regular butter¼ cup(s), softened
uncooked egg yolk(s)2 large
fresh lemon juice1 Tbsp
lemon zest1 Tbsp, finely chopped
reduced-fat sour cream¼ cup(s)
cooking spray2 spray(s), flour-variety recommended
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg yolks and combine thoroughly. Add lemon juice and zest; beat well. Add sour cream and a small amount of flour mixture; beat to combine. Add rest of flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Turn dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Tear off heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into balls; place about 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press each ball down with palm of your hand to flatten. Press tines of a fork across cookies in one direction to make lines. Press tines of a fork across cookies in opposite direction to make a cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake until edges of cookies turn golden, about 9 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on cookie sheets for 1 or 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 2 cookies per serving.