Kibbeh with tzatziki
½ medium, diced
Plain lowfat Greek yogurt
¼ cup(s), and/or mint, fresh, minced
2 medium clove(s), minced
Fresh lemon juice
½ tsp, or to taste
⅛ tsp, freshly ground, or to taste
2 cup(s), diced
1 cup(s), and/or mint, fresh, packed
Raw lean ground lamb
1 Tbsp, divided
1 medium, cut into 8 wedges
- To make tzatziki, in medium bowl, stir cucumber, yogurt, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- To make kibbeh, in microwavable bowl, place bulgur and add just enough water to cover. Microwave on High until water is absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Fluff with fork and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, pulse onions and herbs until well blended. Add bulgur, allspice, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon and process until well blended. Add lamb, a little at a time, and process until thoroughly combined. (You can also use your hands.) Using damp hands, form meat into 16 oval patties.
- Coat extra-large skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium. Add 1⁄2 tbsp oil and heat until it shimmers. Working in 2 batches, cook patties, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm. Serve kibbeh hot, warm, or cold with tzatziki and lemon wedges.
- Serving size: 2 kibbeh and about 1⁄3 cup sauce