Jamaican jerk chicken
Jamaican jerk seasoning
1½ Tbsp, or to taste
1 small, cut into chunks
6 medium, cut into pieces
¼ cup(s), sliced for garnish
Green hot chili peppers
1 item(s), or red, habanero variety, halved and seeded
3 large clove(s)
2 Tbsp, chopped peeled fresh
1 item(s), juiced
Uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh
6 thigh(s), (5 ounces each)
1 item(s), cut into 6 wedges
- Combine onion, scallion lengths, habanero, garlic, ginger, lime juice, oil, soy sauce, molasses, jerk seasoning, and allspice in blender; process until mixture forms a paste. Transfer 1/4 cup of paste to cup; cover and refrigerate.
- Combine chicken and remaining seasoning paste in large zip-close plastic bag. Squeeze out air and seal bag; massage paste onto chicken. Refrigerate 8 hours or up to overnight.
- Transfer chicken and seasoning paste to 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4–5 hours on Low.
- Preheat broiler. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- With tongs, transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet. Brush top of chicken with reserved 1/4 cup seasoning paste. Spray chicken with nonstick spray. Broil until golden in spots, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sliced scallion and serve with lime wedges.
- Per serving: 1 thigh