- 1 medium uncooked spaghetti squash
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 29 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning, or more to taste
- 6 oz fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray, nonstick
- 1/2 cup(s), shredded shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a large baking dish and prick skin all over with a fork. Bake until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook turkey, stirring occasionally, in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain, remove from skillet and set aside.
In a same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add cooked turkey and simmer, stirring often, until desired consistency, about 5 minutes.
Place ricotta and egg in a food processor or blender; puree until smooth.
Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Remove squash from oven and increase oven temperature to 375ºF.
Using a fork, carefully rake stringy squash pulp from shell, separating it into strands that look like spaghetti. Arrange spaghetti squash strands in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form a crust.
Add ricotta cheese mixture and gently spread over squash. Pour tomato-turkey sauce over cheese mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces. Yields 1 piece per serving.
- For the best results, drain any liquid from the squash before assembling the pie.