Instant Pot® Chicken Cacciatore
1 tsp, divided
¼ tsp, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), cut into 3⁄4-inch chunks
Garlic-flavored olive oil
3 tsp, divided
1 small, chopped
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
2 small, (about 10 oz), cut into small chunks
8 oz, sliced
1 small, seeded and cut into 1⁄2-inch chunks
Canned diced tomatoes
1 cup(s), preferably fire-roasted
Canned tomato paste
1 Tbsp, drained
2 Tbsp, chopped
- Combine the flour, ½ tsp of the salt, and ⅛ tsp of the black pepper on a plate. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Press Sauté on a 6-quart Instant Pot and set the cooking time for 15 minutes. When Hot is displayed, add 1 tsp of the oil to the pot. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp oil, the onion, and potatoes to the pot and cook until golden, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the mushrooms and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and any juices, tomatoes, tomato paste, capers, and the remaining ½ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper. Lock the lid, making sure the vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure. Set the cooking time for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, press Cancel to turn off the pot. Move the steam release handle to the venting position to release the pressure. Remove the lid. Divide the chicken and vegetables among 4 shallow bowls and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serving size: 1½ cups