Instant Pot® chicken cacciatore
1 tsp, divided
¼ tsp, freshly ground, divided
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pound(s), cut into large chunks
Garlic-flavored olive oil
3 tsp, divided
1 small, chopped
Uncooked Yukon gold potato(es)
2 small, cut into small chunks (about 10 oz)
8 oz, sliced (also known as baby bella)
1 small, cut into large chunks
Canned diced tomatoes
1 cup(s), preferably fire-roasted
Canned tomato paste
1 Tbsp, drained
2 Tbsp, chopped
- Combine flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp black pepper on a plate. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Press Sauté on a 6-quart Instant Pot and set cooking time for 15 minutes. When Hot is displayed, add 1 tsp oil to pot. Add chicken and cook, turning pieces occasionally, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a clean plate.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil to pot. Add onion and potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and any juices, tomatoes, tomato paste, capers, and remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed. Press Pressure Cook and select High Pressure. Set cooking time for 5 minutes.
- When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Move steam release valve to venting position to quickly release pressure. Remove lid. Spoon chicken and vegetables into 4 shallow bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving size: 1½ cups