- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) jalapeño pepper(s), chopped (do not touch seeds with bare hands) or canned chopped green chiles
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, minced, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup(s) regular liquid egg substitute
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup(s) long grain cooked brown rice, kept hot
- 1 cup(s) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Mexican style blend shredded cheese
- 2 tsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, red pepper and garlic; sauté until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add jalapeno or green chiles, chili powder, cumin, oregano, hot sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; cook until thick, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat; cover to keep warm.
Heat another large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat. Add egg substitute; scramble until firm, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
Warm beans in microwave.
Place 1/2 cup of brown rice on each of 4 plates. Top rice with 1/4 cup of black beans, 1/3 cup of tomato mixture and 1/4 of eggs. Spoon 2 tablespoons of tomato mixture over each serving; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro.