- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 2 fl oz rum, dark-variety (about 4 Tbsp)
- 1 average cinnamon stick(s)
- 5 large orange(s), navel-variety
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh (for garnish)
Combine honey, water, rum and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes; set aside to cool.
Wash, dry and zest 1 orange (should yield about 2 tablespoons of zest). Then slice off ends of all oranges; remove peels and as much of white pith as possible. Slice each orange into 6 rounds and place orange slices in a large glass baking dish; set aside.
Add lemon juice and orange zest to cooled honey-rum mixture; stir and pour over oranges. Cover baking dish and chill in refrigerator for at least two hours and up to overnight for maximum flavor. Serve with mint garnish. Yields about 5 orange slices per serving.
- Consider decorating each serving of oranges with strips of lime and lemon zest for a more festive look. This recipe is meant to be eaten with a knife and fork.