Honey herb roast turkey breast with pan gravy
2 Tbsp, chopped
1 Tbsp, chopped
Uncooked skinless turkey breast
3½ pound(s), weight is minus bone + skin = 21% loss = 3 1/2 lb.
Canned chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray medium roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Stir honey, sage, thyme, butter, mustard, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in small bowl. With your fingers, loosen skin on turkey breast. Spread most of the honey mixture on meat under skin; press skin back into place. Rub remaining mixture all over skin.
- Place turkey breast in pan. Pour 1 1/2 cups broth into pan. Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of breast registers 165°F, about 2 hours. Transfer turkey breast to cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make gravy, drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from pan. Set pan over 2 burners over medium-high heat; sprinkle in flour and cook, whisking constantly until well blended, about 2 minutes. Whisk in remaining 21/2 cups broth and cook, whisking constantly until mixture comes to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally, until gravy is reduced to 2 cups, about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Discard ribs and skin from turkey breast. Cut turkey into 20 slices and serve with gravy.
- Serving size: 2 slices turkey and about 3 tablespoons gravy