- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 4 large egg(s), at room temperature
- 4 slice(s) uncooked Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 item(s) light English muffin, whole grain, split and toasted
- 1/2 medium fresh tomato(es), cut into 4 thick slices
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
Fill a large skillet halfway up with water and bring to a boil. Add vinegar; reduce heat so water is barely simmering.
One at a time, break eggs into small cup, then slide into water. Cook eggs until whites set, about 4 minutes; with slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towels to drain.
Pour out water and wipe skillet dry; add bacon and cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until bacon is heated through, about 1 minute per side.
To make sauce, whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon zest, and lemon juice together in small microwavable bowl; microwave on High until hot, about 30 seconds, then stir in butter until melted
Top each toasted muffin half with 1 slice tomato, 1 slice bacon, an egg and about 2 tablespoons sauce; sprinkle with chives.
serving: 1 open-faced sandwich
- If you want to poach the eggs ahead, take them out of the poaching water about 1 minute earlier and slip them into a bowl of ice water. Refrigerate them in the water up to 1 day; reheat them gently in simmering water