Ham and Cheese Omelet
- 4 large egg white(s)
- 2 large egg(s)
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 cup(s) cooked lean ham, finely diced
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano suggested
- In a large bowl, beat together egg whites, eggs, scallions, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and tilt skillet so bottom is completely covered with egg. Cook omelet until eggs are almost set, occasionally lifting egg in skillet to let uncooked egg to move to edges of skillet, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle ham and cheese over eggs. Using a spatula, ease up edges of omelet and gently fold in half; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Yields 1/2 of omelet per serving.
Scramble the eggs for an even faster entrée.