- 3 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp mint leaves, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), minced
- 4 small uncooked zucchini, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
In a small bowl, combine feta, mint, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and scallions; set aside.
Trim ends off zucchini and slice in half lengthwise; slice each half into 4 or 5 chunks. Place zucchini on a baking sheet (or other flat surface) in a single layer; coat both sides with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
Off heat, coat a grill rack or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Cook zucchini, carefully flipping once, until grill marks are evident and zucchini is softened, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Arrange zucchini slices on a platter and serve with reserved feta topping.
Serving size: about 5 pieces zucchini and 1 heaping Tbsp feta topping
- The feta topping can be made and refrigerated up to one day before use; for the best flavor, bring to room temperature before serving. Double the feta topping and use it with grilled eggplant and peppers, too.