Grilled tuna and vegetable salad
1 cup(s), packed, fresh leaves
1 medium clove(s)
Fresh lemon juice
Uncooked yellowfin tuna
24 oz, 6 (4-ounce) about 1⁄2-inch thick
1 pound(s), fresh, trimmed
1 large, (about 3⁄4 pound), cut on an angle into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
1 medium, yellow, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
8 oz, small head, cut into 8 wedges
¼ tsp, freshly ground
- Combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, oil, lemon juice, and 1⁄2 teaspoon of the salt in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare the grill.
- Lightly spray the tuna, asparagus, zucchini, onion, and radicchio with nonstick spray, then sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Place the tuna on the grill rack and grill 4 inches from the heat, 2–3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer the tuna to a plate. Next grill the asparagus and zucchini until crisp tender, 3–4 minutes on each side; the onion until well marked and tender, 5–6 minutes on each side; and the radicchio until slightly wilted, 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the tuna steaks and vegetables on a large platter. Drizzle with the pesto and serve at once. Yields 1 tuna steak, 1⁄6 of vegetables, and scant tablespoon pesto per serving.