- 2 Tbsp chili sauce, or ketchup
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar, dark-variety
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp mustard, course-grain recommended
- 1 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lean and trimmed T-bone beef steak, cut 1 1/2-inches thick
Preheat grill to high.
In a small bowl, combine chili sauce (or ketchup), sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and ginger; brush sauce all over steak. Grill, flipping once, brushing steak with any leftover barbecue sauce while steak cooks, about 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness.
Remove steak to a cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing against the grain. Yields about 3 ounces steak per serving.
- Change the flavor of the sauce by adding a dash of hot sauce or cayenne pepper. For a complete meal, serve the steak with grilled corn on the cob and peppers: Spray corn and pepper halves with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Place on upper part of grill and cook with the steak (will affect SmartPoints value).