- 1 medium pear(s), Bartlett, very ripe
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 6 nut(s) shelled hazelnuts, peeled, coarsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 4 tsp unpacked brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pear nectar
Peel, halve and core pear. Cut a small slice off the rounded side of each pear half so halves will stand on grill. Set pear halves on grill, flat side down; brush with honey. Grill 10 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with honey.
While pears are grilling, make filling. In a small pan, stir together hazelnuts and oats over medium heat until lightly toasted. Stir in butter until it melts. Remove from heat; stir in sugar and nectar.
When pears are hot and tender, spoon filling into centers and serve.
- To peel hazelnuts, toast them until the papery outer skins crack, cool, then rub gently between your fingers.