This miso-based marinade makes an amazing glaze for grilled cod. Pair with grilled scallions, drizzled with low-sodium soy sauce and sesame oil for a complete meal.
- 3 Tbsp white miso
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sake
- 1/2 fl oz mirin, (1 Tbsp)
- 20 oz uncooked Atlantic cod, fillets, skin removed
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped
In a small bowl, whisk together miso, sugar, sake and mirin; spread over cod. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
Off heat, coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray. Preheat to medium heat.
Remove cod from marinade (reserve marinade); place in a fish grilling basket and grill fish, flipping once, until cod is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 5 to 7 minutes per side (brush cod with remaining marinade half-way through grilling to create a thicker glaze). Serve garnished with scallions.
Serving size: 4 oz cod
- If you don’t have a fish basket, line an area of your grill with foil to prevent the fish from sticking. Or broil the fish instead.