- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 loaf/loaves, medium French baguette bread, cut into 5-inch pieces
- 3 oz extra lean 4% fat deli-sliced ham
- 1 1/2 oz low-fat hard or semisoft cheese, Monterey Jack
- 1/2 oz sweet pickle(s), about 2 thin pieces sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup(s) arugula, leaves
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for dressing.
Split each of the baguette pieces open crosswise. Pull out some of the soft center of bread.
Drizzle dressing onto both sides of baguette pieces. Layer ham, cheese and gherkin slices inside each sandwich, dividing ingredients evenly. Top each with arugula.
Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat.
Arrange sandwiches in skillet and cover with a lid that fits inside and can be pressed down onto sandwiches. Set something heavy on lid, such as a cast-iron skillet (turned over, if necessary, to keep it stable) to flatten sandwiches.
Grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until bread is brown and crispy. Turn sandwiches and grill second side in same manner, until cheese has melted. Cut each sandwich in half. Serve immediately.