Grilled Ham Sandwich
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 loaf/loaves, medium French baguette bread, cut into 5-inch pieces
- 3 oz extra lean 4% fat deli-sliced ham
- 1 1/2 oz low-fat hard or semisoft cheese, Monterey Jack
- 1/2 oz sweet pickle(s), about 2 thin pieces sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup(s) arugula, leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for dressing.
- Split each of the baguette pieces open crosswise. Pull out some of the soft center of bread.
- Drizzle dressing onto both sides of baguette pieces. Layer ham, cheese and gherkin slices inside each sandwich, dividing ingredients evenly. Top each with arugula.
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat.
- Arrange sandwiches in skillet and cover with a lid that fits inside and can be pressed down onto sandwiches. Set something heavy on lid, such as a cast-iron skillet (turned over, if necessary, to keep it stable) to flatten sandwiches.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until bread is brown and crispy. Turn sandwiches and grill second side in same manner, until cheese has melted. Cut each sandwich in half. Serve immediately.